Saturday, July 15, 2017

quick jaunt

My parents live in the Wright Dunbar neighborhood. The location of where the Wright Brothers' home was is located right around the corner, across from a replica. The house is in Greenfield Village in Dearborn (Henry Ford Museum), MI. Dayton Aviation Heritage National Park is in their back yard. It was a neighborhood that was revitalized. Quite a bit torn down and rebuilt with historic looking houses, my parents being one of them. I was surprised that they bought a newer home, being the rehabbers that they were. I have no idea how they did it! I am struggling working and Abby and staying sane, and trying to do landscaping, flooring, etc. Anyway, it's a cool neighborhood and they have a nice house. Abby finally went there to spend a little time with them all by herself, but as it turned out, it was the same price to fly me there to escort her one way than it was to send her by herself both ways. So I went home for three days.  


Replica of Edison's office building at Menlo Park, NJ, now also in Greenfield Village. Ford collected significant structures from around the county and put them in his park.

We went to Sunwatch Indian Village.




I excavated there when I was a little older than Abby.

Cincy zoo. Many animals in one habitat, vultures, ostriches, gazelle, etc.

 We actually had to fly to Cincy and back, which was fun. The largest foot operated chime.


 German carousel horse, for Cincy's German past.

Roebling bridge. Longest suspension bridge in 1866. The Ohio River is much wider than the Mississippi in Minnesota.

 Abigail then stayed with grandmum and dad.

 She went to Woodland Cemetery and visited Paul Lawrence Dunbar's grave.
I am so jealous, she saw the replica catapult tower in Huffman Prairie, where Orville flew for a sustained almost 40 minutes on a clear October day, thus making their invention viable and more marketable.


No comments:

Post a Comment