The size of this church is not revealed by these images. Sleepy Eye is a little sleepy these days, with a few industries still present, including Del Monte. Once, it has the largest land-powered mill in the country.
In comparison to the one-room school house, now at the county fairgrounds
Canoe on Swan Lake, just outside Nicollet, followed by Indian food in Mankato.
Yes! That is Abby eating Indian!!! She got all like, no, you can't put that online.
Milford is just outside NU. In 1862, some Milford residents were killed by the Dakota.
Fort Ridgely
Original magazine
German Park. Once in a blue moon I go and eat lunch there. Abby saw it and was blown away. She was so surprised to have such a beautiful park right downtown. And again, the pic doesn't do it justice. NU is about the same population as Kodiak, so.....that little pocket park in downtown adq, no excuse for it's condition. Although, NU has pretty much no transient or homeless population. Too many jobs and not enough workers.
First Catholic church in Brown County
Way of the Cross.
The thing about the New Ulm area (I haven't been that far outside it so I can't speak for the rest of MN), is that there is not only a lot of history, but it is all preserved. I think the little Catholic Church would have met it's demise a long time ago in Dayton. And even the Way of the Cross, which is in between the diocese and the hospital, might have fallen into disrepair elsewhere. It was built in 1903/04 by nuns from Fort Wayne, IN, which convent I have visited before ironically.



















No comments:
Post a Comment