Friday, June 16, 2017

working on the house




 Pretty much finished unpacking what I can. The upstairs (future Abby's room, needs to flooring. So a lot of her stuff is not unpacked. Also, I can't find this and that. Like I know where my rod is, but where is the reel?! I had to take the reel off and it went in a box and now.....?

 Also been working on the yard. I somehow got like one of the only houses in NU that isn't landscaped.
 

 This pile is much smaller now!


We even got habitats going on. We had robins make a nest. Robins fly from the nest just t 13 days old. One did not make it, or 2. I know one lived and is around in the area still. Abby got a 101% for her Habitat project. She is the only one to have the Latin terms of plant names on her labels. The timing was lucky. We found out about the project right before we went to the Como Park conservatory, so we did our research there.


Oh yeah, and we are raising a duck! A duckling got separated from it's mother at about 1-2 days old. No mom to be found anywhere. Trust me, we looked. We couldn't bring ourselves to let it go and doom it to death. But as we learned, unlike robins, they don't fly for 8 weeks! Lil' Peepers, or lil' poopers depending on who you ask, is so much bigger now! I was hoping to get to find out if it's a he or she, but we need to release it soon. So far, I have successfully raised a duckling. We have done a lot of research and for me it was a good learning experience. Feeling like I could handle chickens, or a kitten, now, maybe. Yes, he gets a daily "bath" in the tub.  

No comments:

Post a Comment